The Spanish Literature Program for High School Students will take place during July of 2014. Each course will consist of sixty class hours over three weeks. Courses will be complemented by at least six extracurricular activities and two daytrips.
If there are 12 or more students in a group, a schedule can be tailor-made to meet their specific needs
The Spanish Literature Program for High School Students will include:
- Orientation and personalized follow-up by school-designated instructors
- Sixty class hours plus personal tutoring during the three-week course
- Maximum of twelve students per class.
- Students will read authentic editions of works selected from the list of approved AP Literature. The reading list for the AP Literature course will introduce students to diverse writings, written, of course, in Spanish. The selected works will serve to reveal the many voices and rich cultures celebrated within the AP Spanish literature selections.
- Focus on the preparation for the AP Spanish Literature Exam
For the AP Spanish Literature program Advanced level of the Spanish language is required
A typical weekly class schedule will look as follows:
|Classes:9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||Classes:9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||Classes:9:00 a.m. –1:00 p.m.||Classes:9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||Classes:9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||Day trip||Day off|
|Extracurricular activity||Extracurricular activity|
Once the course is over, students are asked to complete an evaluation of the program (organization, classes etc.) and lodging; these evaluations help to improve all aspects of the program.
Groups must contain at least 5 students in order to form an AP Literature group. If less than 5 students are interested in forming this group by a decided date, the school will determine whether the course will take place and will notify the effected students before April 15, 2014. If the course will not take place for this reason, 100% of the paid deposit will be returned to pre-registered students.