Not only will this program expand the students’ knowledge of the Spanish language and/or literature, it is also a unique experience for high school students to expand their cultural understanding as well. There is no better way to learn about a country, its language, customs, and the way of life of its people than to go there and experience it firsthand! Students will be able to develop personal skills and social habits in important areas, such as:
- Cultural awareness: Students not only learn about a new culture, but they also come to better understand their own.
- Maturity: Students see the world from a different perspective and learn to appreciate different ways of life.
- Self-confidence: Students learn to make decisions for themselves.
- Friendship: Students make new friends from Spain and other countries, friends with whom they will share free-time activities.
- Future studies and career: Students gain knowledge and expertise that will serve them in their future education and professional life.